Message from Mandy Brown – Branch Secretary
As we go into the 2nd week of indefinite strike action, picket lines remain solid and we are delighted to welcome the members who have come out to join us this week. Postal workers delivering at both the Brixton and Vauxhall Centres even turned back when they realised they were crossing a picket line.
Management continue to make false claims about the strike, and we have countered these claims with a Fact Sheet which you can find on this site. There is also our fantastic We Are Spartacus video now up on YouTube.
Management are also still refusing to negotiate and last night the governors backed out of our next meeting with them to talk about the future of the college.
The chaos inside continues and we have heard today that a medical student has written to the Principal to complain about his class being cancelled and threatened to enrol at another college.
Fundraising is absolutely amazing and we are now over £10,000! Donations are still coming in from all around the country
Upcoming dates and activities
Thursday 12th June
12-2pm Mini World Cup special! – Why go to the Copacabana, when you can come to the Copaba-clapham Common? Celebrate the start of the World Cup with our own mini World Cup
6.30pm JOINT UCU AND UNISON INDOOR RALLY. Karibu Centre Brixton. Speakers include a stricker from the Ritzy living wage campaign, Paul Embery from the Fire Brigade Union, Jon Rogers from Unison, One Housing and more.
Friday 27th June
- Fundraiser event at the Bedford in Balham. Sure to be as good as our June 6th event. Come along, have a great time and support the cause!
Date to be announced
- Comedian Mark Thomas will be holding an event at our picket line in Clapham
How to help
Remember you can support the strike by:
- Making a donation to our hardship fund: – we’ve raised over £10,000 so far and the donations keep rolling in – every little helps
- Signing our petition here – like the hardship fund, it’s growing everyday
- Coming down to the picket lines outside the Clapham, Brixton and Vauxhall campuses and saying Hello or stopping for a chat
- Writing to the principal at email@example.com
- Following us on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribing to this blog
- Invite a speaker to your workplace – add a comment on this post and someone will get back to you to arrange.